Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Motley Crew | Fantasy RPG Figure Collection (part 10)

I think this series is getting a little long in the tooth. I will be ending it shortly and present the remainder of my Fantasy RPG Figure Collection in a different way.


First of we have some felines...
  1. A pair of D&D Miniature Guenhwyvar (mid 00s)
  2. This is a Saber-tooth Tiger, but I don't remember the foundry that made it (early 00s)
The Saber-tooth is the only one I painted. I don't remember if this was for a generic encounter or painted specifically for a player. The photo does not do the figure justice. All the interim shading steps are lost--There is a dark base coat, an ink wash, followed by 5 successively lighter highlights.


Next we have a variety of small four-legged mammals...
  1. A trio of Boars; foundry unknown (late 90s)
  2. A D&D Miniature Fiendish Dire Wolverine (early 80s)
  3. A D&D Miniature Fiendish Dire Weasel (mid 00s)
  4. A quartet  of D&D Miniature Celestial Dire Badgers (late 80s)
In this group, the Boars are the only figures painted by me. Nothing special here... they look in RL pretty much like they do in the image.

To see the previous posts in this series, click below.
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9

No comments:

Post a Comment