Friday, July 26, 2013

Cherry Pie Moonshine

I recently started making flavored "moonshine". I posted my previous recipes for Apple Pie and Caramel Apple Here. This one is very similar to the other recipes.


CHERRY PIE MOONSHINE

Ingredients:
2 gallons Cherry Cider
1-1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
4 packets Spiced Apple mix (I use Alpine)
9 whole Cinnamon Sticks
4 whole cloves
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
1000ml (1-1/4 bottles) 190-Proof Grain Alcohol (I use Everclear)

Preparations:
Combine all ingredients (except for the alcohol) in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.

Remove the pot from heat and let cool to room temperature. Remove the cloves, then add in the alcohol.

Immediately transfer to sterile mason jars (I use 9 1-quart jars). I also put one cinnamon stick in each jar.

The concoction is ready for consumption, warm or cold! I store them in my beer fridge, but they will keep just fine in a cool dark place.

I estimate the final alcohol content to be about 40 proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment