Friday, June 6, 2014

The Kroot Have Arrived!!

My Tau army finally received it first Kroot detachment.

This is the largest squad I have ever assembled!
It was an effort, but I now have maxed out unit of 33 Kroot. There is still some filing and trimming to do on these guys before primer. To my disappointment, the 3 Krootox(es?) are in the worst shape. I could not get the 2 halves of the Krootox to fit ant where near reasonably well in any position, no matter how much I fiddled with it--Quite a bit of greenstuff patch-work required to cover it up.

As I always do with my plastic figures, I glued a washer to the bottom of the bases. I prefer a weighted feel to my miniatures (that's the old skool gamer in me). This is especially so with a squad containing metal and plastic figures.

I am anxious to get these guys on the field and add some new options to the Tau. With the condition of my Aquamarine army, and my sorely out of date Chaos/Demon army, Tau are all I have to play. Not that it really matters much... between 4th, 5th, and 6th editions I only played about 10 games total!

This is the largest squad I have ever assembled. I don't think I have ever assembled this many figures in one batch before. My plan for painting them is to break them into 3 groups of 11 and give each group a different skin tone. Although I haven't decided what the colors will be nor if I will go subtle or not.

That's all for now. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment