Friday, October 30, 2009

Tau Objective Markers Showcase

I have completed the first 3 of my Tau objective markers: A power station, a fuel depot, and a comm tower. These are the first army themed objective markers I have ever made, however I did make a few generic markers for Necromunda. You can check my earlier WIP posts about the Tau markers <WIP 1> and <WIP 2>.


POWER STATION: In hind sight, I think the power plant may be a little small, but I do like how it turned out. Although, keeping it on a 60mm base I'm not really sure how much bigger I could have made it.

FUEL DEPOT: This is my least favorite of the three... I should have done more modifications to the cap that I used as the basis for this piece... All I can see is the cap with some bitz glued to it!

COMM STATION: This is my favorite objective marker so far. The original plan was to have a technician interfacing with the console, but I opted for versatility and left a clear space on the base to place a figure.

4 comments:

  1. They look great. I like the Comm Stations best but they are all very good!

    -BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fuel depot, it was the 'marker I was most interested to see evolve from everyday found object to 40K scenery. Nice job on the painting, I think the mat finish really helps complete the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!

    @ BJ: If you haven't seen them, I cannibalized my prototype for these sensor towers, modeled after the Forge World models of the same name (http://tinyurl.com/sensor-towers) in order to make the COMM STATION.

    @ Esty: I am so impressed by all the completely scratch built stuff out on the web, I feel like I'm "cheating" sometimes using a found item "as is". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I have that exact cap on my can of shaving cream right now. I now know what to do with it when it's empty.

    ReplyDelete