Saturday, August 17, 2013

Homemade Vinaigrette

I have been mixing my own vinaigrette for a few years and have slowly tweaked one particular recipe into a very flavorful and versatile concoction!

Taken from the internets
without permission

Typically, I make this (and most things in the kitchen) by feel without measuring. But the last time I made it I tried to be mindful of how much of each ingredient I added. Because I don't measure anything, I tend to make each batch a little different... adding something here or taking something out there.

Here is an approximate ingredient list:
  • 2-1/2 cup Olive Oil
  • 1-1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
  • 20 dashes Hot Chili Sesame Oil
  • 2 tsp Granulated Garlic
  • 1 tsp Ground Pepper
  • 2 tsp Paprika
  • 2 tsp Mural of Flavor*
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin
*"Mural of Flavor" is a salt free seasoning mixture from Penzy's Spices. It contains: shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel.

I have also made variations with the addition of these ingredients: grape-seed oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, chili powder, and onion powder.

In addition to the perfect salad dressing, it makes a great marinade and is perfect for a saute.

No comments:

Post a Comment