Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dark Heresy Character WiP - Cleric

Venris, the cleric-- ready to paint.
(click on image to enlarge)

Ive been working on the mk II figure for the cleric in our Dark Heresy campaign. I am still a bit "green" when it comes to sculpting, but I am very pleased how this project turned out (even though it was not very complex).

I started off with an old school Necromunda Redemptionist gang leader. This was a simple head and weapon swap. I managed to get the original head off in usable condition for a future conversion. I replaced it with a Dark Angels hooded Space Marine Head. The stock of the melta gun was too integrated into the figure for me to remove, so I decided to cut the gun in two, just in front of the trigger. I then cut a flamer in a similar fashion and pined and glued the two parts together.

The original figure.
A Necromunda Redemptionist Leader.

Then I added a small brass etched Inquisition symbol from Forge World on his chest, and another one on the back of the book.


Lastly, I sculpted a simple chain necklace attached to the Inquisitorial medallion (see first pic, above).


A little green stuff to fix the missing vestments/collar and to
better merge the flammer with the back half of the melta gun.
(click on image to enlarge)


Overall, this project exceeded my expectations. The figure looks completely different and is more appropriate to represent the cleric.

I welcome questions, comments and/or critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment