Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dark Heresy Character Showcase - Cleric

I finished converting and painting our Dark Heresy cleric. Check out the WiP post here.

The cloak is a base of GW Iyaden Darksun Foundation. Then a layer of GW Bleached Bone covering almost the entire area, leaving only the deepest recesses. Finally I highlighted with GW Skull White. The vestments are a base of GW Hormagaunt Purple Foundation with a layer of GW Leviathan Purple Wash. I then added another layer of Hormagaunt Purple, followed by Reaper Elderberry, and finally a 60/40 mix of Elderberry and Skull White.

(click on image to enlarge)

(click on image to enlarge)

Well... I'm not sure what else to say about this figure. I think it turned out great! Actually in hind sight, I would have added grenades or a melta bomb instead of the scrolls (as the player has an affinity for things that go BOOM!).

I wanted to base the figure on a marble (or granite as it turned out) floor with gold detail. I used 4 classic chaos shields. After the glue set, I trimmed and filed the shields around the edge of the base. I then filled the holes with putty.

(click on image to enlarge)

I painted the marble (err... granite) with random short strokes of reds, browns and oranges, with alternating layers of thinned Delvian Mud ink..

(click on image to enlarge)

I also have the mk 2 psyker and adept finished and will add an entry about them in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment