Sunday, July 30, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 2 Round 4 AAR

No Friendly games this go around, so round 4 is a little sparse with BatReps. Deathbot's Orcs and my Vampires faced off in the Super Leage, and my Chaos Dwarved played an Elf Union team.

Zorcon vs Deathbot's Super League Round 4
Paravon City Chiefs (Vampires) vs New Orcleans Saints (Orcs)

The Saints received 100k in inducements and hired Bomber Dribblesnot, a Goblin Bombardier Star Player. His stats are 6/2/3/7 with Loner, Accurate, Bombardier, Dodge, Right Stuff, Secret Weapon, Stunty. It was Pouring Rain the entire game.

Turn 2. A Vampire rushes the Orc Thrower in the backfield.

Turn 3. The Rushing Vampire is killed and the Orc Thrower
slots into a cage

An early Casualty to the Vampires. It cascades into a free-for-all as the Orcs pummel their way to the endzone. I recover momentum during the next drive and tie up the game before the half's end.

End of the Game as the Orcs score in the Pouring Rain.
The Vampire Casualties are severe.

The second half was dismal for the Vampire team. Dribblesnot made his first appearance and earned his salary. The Orc front line made the Vampire team pay for their last touchdown causing numerous Casualties. At the end of the game, there were only 3 Paravon City players on the pitch!

The New Orclean Saints win 2-1. More impressively, the Orcs cause 6 Casualties--2 Badly Hurt, 1 Serious Injury, and 3 Kills. Two of the kills were Vampires, only 1 of which Regenerated. The Paravon City Chiefs managed to Badly Hurt and Seriously Injure 2 Orcs.

Zorcon's Premiership League Round 4
Zharr'Thrak Seahawks (Chaos Dwarves) vs Boredom (Elf Union)

Going into this game, Boredome was leading the league with 3 wins, while I was in the middle of the pack sporting a 1-1-1 record.

With 480k in inducements, the Elf coach hired 2 Star Player Elves, Eldril Sidewinder & Jordell Freshbreeze. Eldril's stats are 8/3/4/7 with Loner, Catch, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Nerves of Steel, Pass Block. While Jordell's stats are 8/3/5/7 with Loner, Block, Diving Catch, Dodge, Leap, Side Step. It was pouring rain at the onset of the game.


I was wholly unprepared to defend against so much MV 8. I received the Kick-Off, but it was the Elf team to score on turn 2. We set up again and I received another Kick-Off on turn 3. The weather dramatically changed to Sweltering Heat. This time I held off the prancing Elves until Turn 8 where they scored again.

The second half started and only 7 Elves were on the pitch. The rest of the team was recovering from heat exhaustion. I kicked off and hoped to take advantage of the numbers disparity. The weather again made a sever change as a Blizzard hit the stadium. Unfortunately I was still unable to contain the faster moving Elves and they scored on turn 2.  We set up for another Kick-Off. All of the Elves recovered and were back on the pitch. This time there was a Quick Snap, and I got a bonus square of movement and a touchback. This helped me to finally score on turn 4. I had an opportunity to score again on turn 8, but I failed the scoring GFI due to the Blizzard.

Elves dominate a 3-1 victory. Eldril was ineffectual and spent half the game in the Injury box. However Jordell was the MVP of the game--MV8, AG5, plus Leap was too much for me to handle. As hard as I tried to kill Elves (the other coaches nearby were encouraging me) I only Badly Hurt 2, one of which was a Star Player.

Final Thoughts

This was a tough round. Deathbot decimated my Vampires and my Chaos Dwarves were handed an old fashioned whoop-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment