Sunday, July 9, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 2 Round 2 AAR

Deathbot and I each played a Friendly game, in addition to our scheduled games. So here I present all 5 mini-BatReps for our Blood Bowl League Round 2 games.

Zorcon's Premiership Game 2
Zharr'Thrak Seahawks (Chaos Dwarves) vs Pleasant Pheasant Pluckers (Halflings)


Image taken from interwebs without permission.

You would think playing Halflings would be something to look forward to. However, I was giving up 1 million TV! The Halflings induced Morg'N'Thorg (the best Star Player in the game), Deeproot Strongbranch (Treeman Star Player), a Bribe, a Bloodwieser Keg, and a Halfling Master Chef (stealing 2 Re-rolls each half).

The Halfling's front line consisted of three Strength 6 and a Strength 7 player! In an attempt to keep away from the Big Guys, I sacrifice 3 Chaos Dwarves to the Line of Scrimmage, placing the rest of the team one square back. I kick off . The Halflings get Quick Snap and gain a bonus square of movement--Advancing base-to-base with my valuable players. My Minotaur is Badly Hurt on turn 2, and a Bull Centaur spends the majority of the game in the KO box.

As the game continues, this season's curse from Nuffle continues and the dice are my biggest opponent. I roll triple skulls three times, fail picking up the ball multiple times (with Sure Hands), fail multiple Hand-Offs (with Catch), and fail a critical Go For It. Every turn it felt like I was just trying not to make things worse.

Tie game, 1-1. Seahawks suffer 2 Badly Hurts and the Pluckers suffer 5 Halfling Casualties: 3 Badly Hurt and 2 Serious Injured.

Zorcon's Super League Game 2
Paravon City Chiefs (Vampires) vs Jerk store (Goblins)



As I have mentioned, I am only playing in the Super League because my son Deathbot is in it. My role is more of a mentor to the other coaches, than a coach vying for better standings. While I never tank a game, I play a little looser, and help the opponent with strategy when they are behind. However, this was a very strange game--A game that Nuffle disproved of from the beginning.

The Goblin coach had a Bombardier, a Pogoer, a Looney, a Fanatic, a Doom Diver, a Ooligan, 2 Trolls, 7 Goblins (2 MNG), and 2 Re-Rolls. After almost being wiped off the pitch last game, I was limping into this game with 2 Journeymen, 7 Linemen, 3 Vampires, and 5 Re-Rolls.

Both coaches rolled horribly the entire game. It became farcical. At turn 9, one of the Goblin's Trolls had failed it's Really Stupid roll 6 times! I couldn't break Goblin Armor the entire game. In the end what made the difference was my superior number of Re-Rolls.

Game ends in an upset, 3-0 Vampires. The Goblins suffer 4 Casualties (3 self inflicted--A failed Leap, GFI, and Dodge): 2 Badly Hurt and 2 Serious Injuries.

Deathbot's Super League Game 2
New Orcleans Saints (Orcs) vs WWF Hall of Maim (Chaos Chosen)



Deathbot faced the Chaos team that decimated my Vampire team last round.

The WWF Hall of Maim was in charge the entire first half. Deathbot's Saints started to make a comeback with a quick Goblin toss TD in the second half. He began to play a skill game and the first part of the second half went to Deathbot. But the experience of the Chaos' coach prevailed.

Chaos wins 3-1. Surprisingly this was a gentle game with only one player Badly Hurt on the Chaos side.

Zorcon's Super League Friendly Game 1
Paravon City Chiefs (Vampires) vs Baltimourkain Ravens (Vampires)



My fairly new team of 3 Vampires and 8 Thralls (2 with skills) faced an upper league Vampire team in its second season with 5 experienced Vampires: a ST 5, an AG 5 and 3 Pro. I faced the Ravens last year with my Chaos Dwarves and pulled out a win.

Nuffle chose the outcome of this game. My dice rolling was embarrassing. Even my opponent was embarrassed. It was absolutely laughable--12 Re-Rolls couldn't even help me (I won a bonus re-roll on 2 Kick-Offs).

Ravens 2, Chiefs 1. No Casualties. With the bonus earnings from playing an upper league team, I was able to hire a 4th Vampire.

Deathbot's Super League Friendly Game 1

New Orcleans Saints (Orcs) vs The Ratriots (Skaven)


This was Deathbot's first game vs a fast team. It was too much for him. He was unable to contain the high move rats. Even his go to tactic of Goblin throwing failed.
A brutal loss for the for the Orcs. The final score was 5-0. The Orcs caused a Serious Injury to a Linerat, but an Orc Blitzer was pushed off the pitch and violently killed by the crowd

Final Thoughts
I don't like blaming a loss on bad die rolls, especially so frequently this season. However, all 5 of my games this season have resulted in horrible rolls. My opponents have even commented and squirmed in reaction to how bad it has been. I have certainly made mistakes and may have lost all of the games this season anyway, but I haven't caught a break yet.

Blood Bowl is a game of mitigating chance, and I love the game. But the last couple weeks have tested my passion.

Oh yeah, by the way, there is a set of dice that are getting punished.

No comments:

Post a Comment