Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 1 Round 8 (Game 8) AAR

[During my absence from the blog-o-sphere, I was still active on and off in the hobby. In February of this year, I joined a local gaming club, Ordo Fanaticus, in order to participate in their Blood Bowl league. This BatRep was written for and emailed to my friends after each of those games. Periodically, I will re-post them to this blog. --Zorcon]

Tonight, I played my final game of the league vs an Ogre team. The coach plays in the upper league and I knew my skill level was below his--I played him before vs his upper league Dark Elves last month and lost. My team value was 500k more than his, and he picked up Morg 'n Thorg and a Bloodwieser keg.


First half. I scored early after winning the coin flip and choosing to receive. Unfortunately, my Minotaur was surfed off the pitch. Morg and an ogre both threw blocks on him to get him next to the side line and then the coach threw a 3-die my-choice block with a snotling vs the mino--3 Pushes! To add injury to insult, the crowd seriously injured the mino. The opposing coach was able to get into scoring position by turn 8, but was left with too many dice rolls to make a touch down.

In the second half, I was faced with kicking off to a full team of ogres where I was down a mino and 2 dwarves. The ogres got in scoring position on their turn 6, but I managed to stuff the ball carrier. I had no one to pick up the ball, so a snotling slid in and grabbed the ball. I squashed that one too, but could not clear the ball. Ogres turn 8 needed a 2-die block, a 2-die blitz, a 3+ pick up, a 3+ hand off, two 2+ dodges, and two 2+ GFIs. He failed the second Dodge.

I "win" 1-0 with a Chaos Dwarf and Minotaur missing next game and both suffering -1 movement. I badly hurt a Snotling, and the total casualties were 1-2 in my opponents favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment