Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 1 Round 5 (Game 4) AAR

[During my absence from the blog-o-sphere, I was still active on and off in the hobby. In February of this year, I joined a local gaming club, Ordo Fanaticus, in order to participate in their Blood Bowl league. This BatRep was written for and emailed to my friends after each of those games. Periodically, I will re-post them to this blog. --Zorcon]

Today I faced off with my league's second place team—Orcs. Their team value was 140k more than mine and I chose to buy a Wandering Apothecary. Intelligence says I should have bought a re-roll (as I only have 2), but I was a bit nervous facing the “green wall of muscle”, and doubled-down on the apothecary to help mitigate likely injuries. We both had 13 players, so 2 reserves for each of us. The orcs had 4 re-rolls and won the FAME roll, giving him 5 re-rolls.

Not much to say about the first half. My opponent lost the coin toss and I chose to kick off. We crashed in to each other and spent the first 3-4 turns punching each other. There were some injuries and some KO's, but spread evenly between us. As the half went on I started removing Orcs off the pitch, but the opposing team was unable to return the favor. The ball never crosses the line of scrimmage. Half ends with no touchdowns.

Second half opens with me receiving. I set up heavy to one side and the Orcs do not have enough players to to cover the line of scrimmage. The kick off scatters to one square from the line of scrimmage—Almost a touch-back. But I get a Hobgoblin under the kick and catch the ball. I run a Bull Centaur as a moving screen down field with the Hobgoblin flanking him. My Minotaur Seriously Injures a Black Orc, and my Chaos Dwarves move to impede the defense. On the Orc's turn 2, the opposing coach pulls off a series of Dodges and GFIs and manage to get a Goblin and a Blitzer in blitzing range of the ball and take the Hobgobling down. On my turn 3, I was set up well to play it safe, but I attempt a risky play to score early (with a re-roll available)--A Hobgoblin 3+ pick up the ball, a 3+ hand off to a Bull Centaur, a 2-die Blitz to break the Bull Centaur free, and run the Bull Centaur in for a touchdown with 2 GFI's.

We set up to kick off again and I kick deep. The Orcs got some KO'd guys back, but is still down 9 to 11 players. I rush the ball, but we spend the next 5 turns picking up the ball and knocking down the ball carrier. Neither one of us making progress towards the goal line.

I win 1-0, cause 4 casualties (4x SI's) and suffer 2 casualties (2x SI's). With this win, I have moved up from 4th place to 2nd place and my Orcish opponent dropped to 3rd.

Both my Serious Injuries are Miss Next Game (a 0 xp Hobgoblin and a 0 xp Chaos Dwarf), but I will still have 11 players next game. Three of my opponent's SI's are Miss Next Game, and the other was a -1 Move on a Black Orc. I earned enough from the match, plus my existing treasury to buy my 3rd re-roll. Next week is an off week for me, but I would like to play another friendly game.

5-Game Tally (League + Friendly) 3 wins, 2 losses 5 TD's scored, 5 TD's by opponent 14 Casualties (4x BH's, 8x SI's, and 2x Deaths) caused, 11 Casualties (6x BH's, 5x SI's, and 0x Deaths) by opponent

No comments:

Post a Comment