Monday, May 22, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 1 Round 4 (Friendly Game 1) AAR

[During my absence from the blog-o-sphere, I was still active on and off in the hobby. In February of this year, I joined a local gaming club, Ordo Fanaticus, in order to participate in their Blood Bowl league. This BatRep was written for and emailed to my friends after each of those games. Periodically, I will re-post them to this blog. --Zorcon]
 
I faced a Dark Elf team from the Premiership League (the “tougher” league). As of Tuesday, that team was 3rd place in his conference, and 6th overall in his league.


The Dark Elves's team value was over 300k more than mine, which allowed me to buy Grashnak (Minotaur Star Player) giving me 2 Minotaurs and 2 Bull centaurs—a pretty scary line-up. My opponent wins the flip and choose to receive. I kick off deep. Because I had so much strength and was worried about Dark Elves sprinting down the sidelines, I put the Bull Centaurs in the wide zones, 2 squares from the sideline. The first thing I learn is how skilled my opponent is at surfing players off the pitch with his Witch Elves—On his first 2 turns he sent a Bull Centaur off each side line into the crowd, then ran in for a turn 3 score. I found it quite difficult to catch an elf with the Minotaurs plus he has a Agility 5 Blitzer that was near unstoppable from dodging and picking up the ball--No matter how many tacklezones.

On turn 4 I received the kick off . By turn 8, I marched all the way up the field, 2 squares from the endzone. I fell short mainly because I ran out of players. At the end of the half I had 4 players on the pitch. The rest of the team had been pushed off the field and were sitting in the reserve box.

The second half was not much better. While I defended the Witch Elves better and did not get surfed off the pitch, the Dark Elves ran circles around me. They scored again early in the second half and could have scored again, but the player took it easy on me as this was a friendly game. Although I did manage to seriously injure a Witch Elf before the end of the game.

I loose 0-2, cause 3 casualties (2x Badly Hurt (BH) and 1 Serious Injury (SI)) and suffer 1 casualty (BH). Hands down, I was completely out played. But I discovered that the friendly games are truly meant to be more friendly than competitive. Player's plan their friendly games when they need a “recovery” game and it is sort of expected that both coaches will “go easy”. We talked strategy, and the opposing coach let me take back an action occasionally. I will have to see if other coaches follow this unwritten rule in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment