Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tau 1500 Point List Building

The other day I was playing around with a new list... and it only requires the assembly of one model!

I LOVE my battlesuits! I also love my 3-gun combo of Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, and Missile Pod on my suits. They are have range out to 36" and get more punch the closer they get (up to 12").

My thought was to switch it up a bit and try running 3 Plasma Rifles on each suit, along with adding the maximum Shield Drones (6 per team). That would be 9 dice out to 24" and 18 dice at 12". The teams would have 12 (or 14) wounds, depending on if it was the Elite or HQ team.

On the other end of the spectrum, so far I have been very disappointed with the Sniper Drone Team. But I am going to give them another try--Hopefully in 6e rules. I only have one "team" but considered running a few extra "counts as" drones to boost the effectiveness of the unit. With this configuration, I thought I could drop 4 Fire Warriors to afford 2 more Sniper Drones.

What I am really anxious about is to assemble some new Tau! For this list it would be a Riptide. But I have a hankering to assemble my Pathfinders and Piranhas too...

So, without further delay, here is the list I was kicking around. This is a casual list... IF I can call it that spamming plasma! :)

HQ: Commander (3# 186 pts)
Plasma Rifle x3; Target Lock; Neuroweb System Jammer; XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit; Shield Drone x2

: XV8 Crisis Bodyguard Team (6# 202 pts)
Plasma Rifle x6; Shield Drone x4

Elite: XV8 Crisis Team (9# 283 pts)
Shas'vre; Plasma Rifle x9; Shield Drone x6

Elite: XV104 Riptide (3# 238 pts)
Heavy Burst Cannon; Twin Linked Smart Missile System; Advanced Targeting System; Counterfire Defense System; Shielded Missile Drone x2

Troops: Fire Warrior Team (191 pts)
Pulse Rifle x12; Devilfish; Gun Drones x2

Troops: Fire Warrior Team (191 pts)
Pulse Rifle x12; Devilfish; Gun Drones x2

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship (1#, 150 pts)
TL Smart Missile System; Railgun with solid shot; Submunition Rounds; Seeker Missile x2; Blacksun Filter; Decoy Launchers

Heavy Support: Sniper Drone Team (4#, 58 pts)
Firesight Marksman; Sniper Drones x3

Total: 1499 Pts

Am I out of my mind? As always feel free to leave Q&C's.

No comments:

Post a Comment