Sunday, June 2, 2013

Retro Models - RPG Giant Creatures

Super quick Retro post today...

=====

Here are a few monsters I have painted up for D&D over the years. Most were purchased on the early '00s but the centipede was bought (I think) in the early '90s.



All of the figures were painted around the same time. I cut squares of MDF board for the bases, and the style is representative of my standard D&D basing of the time.



The figure is a converted old skewl GW warrior with plastic bitz added (swapped): sword, shield, cape and belt trappings)



There is subtle striping on the body of the spider. It is a little more prominent in person.



Not much else to say here. In hindsight, I think the basing is sub-par... but it is about 10 years old. I am happy with the painting of the figures themselves--especially for simple dry-brushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment