Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Rock Star in Town

For my son's 10th Birthday, he asked if he could sing with my band. It made me all tingly inside knowing my son looks up to me and want to take part in playing music. My band mates were amazing--They embraced the idea and encouraged and coached my son during the two practices he came to.


Marcus actually practiced quite a bit more than twice. I record many of my band's songs during band practice and listen to them while I am driving (I spend about 2 hours a day in the car). Often my son is with me and over time he learned almost all of our songs.


A few days ago, we had the backyard BBQ. Kilty played about an hour set, with my son singing 4 songs as an opener. Marcus did such a great job! The party was a huge success, the weather was nice, and we had a blast.



I really appreciate my band mates helping to make this a very memorable night for Marcus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment