Friday, October 13, 2017

Greenhaven Packers Showcase

This team was originally purchased and painted in the late 80s. Back then, all of my teams were named and painted like the famous teams in the fluff. This team was no exception--The Greenfield Grasshuggers. However, I now prefer to name my teams after NFL teams in homage to second edition Blood Bowl.

In this go around, in addition to renaming the team and creating a team logo, I touched up the paint, added back number plates, added glossy elements, re-did the bases, and painted a colored ring around the base lip. There are no Star Players represented here. All of my Star Players are painted differently than team colors.

New Team Logo

Since I was not planning on re-painting the team in its entirety, I was limited on which NFL team to base the halflings on. I knew immediately I would base this team off of the Green Bay Packers. Instead of searching the Warhammer Old World map for an appropriate halfling city (are there any? :) ). I eventually chose a suitably sounding halfling community name--Greenhaven.

Coaching Staff
The Coaching Staff from L to R: Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, Apothecary, and Cheerleaders x4.

Linemen

Big Guys

Full Team (front view)

Front Team (back view)
This is the final second edition team that has not been wholly repainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment