Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dargoth Cowboys Showcase

This team was originally purchased and painted in the late 80s. Back then, all of my teams were named and painted like the famous teams in the fluff. This team was no exception--The Darkside Cowboys. However, I now prefer to name my teams after NFL teams in homage to second edition Blood Bowl.

In this go around, in addition to renaming the team and creating a team logo, I touched up the paint, added back number plates, added glossy elements, re-did the bases, and painted a colored ring around the base lip. There are no Star Players represented here. All of my Star Players are painted differently than team colors.

New Team Logo

Since I was not planning on re-painting the team in its entirety, I was limited on which NFL team to base the Dark Elves on. I took creative liscense here as I decided to keep the Cowboys team name and searched the Warhammer Old World map for an appropriate Dark Elven city. I eventually chose the watch tower Dargoth on the continent of Naggaroth.
Dargoth and its sister Watchtowers are the size of a city, built to keep the hordes of Chaos that roam the frozen wastelands to the north at bay, and provisioned to withstand years of siege and garrisoned with a great host of Naggaroth's foremost warriors.

Coaching Staff
The Coaching Staff from L to R: Head Coach, Assistant Coaches x3, Apothecary, and Cheerleaders x3. Besides re-basing, the only change here was re-painting the purple trim on the coaches and apothecary.

Linemen

Positionals

Full Team (front view)

Full Team (back view)
This is another attempt to modernize and improve game play with minimal effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment