Sunday, October 22, 2017

DIY Skill Rings

Since 5e came out last year, I now have 3 tournaments and 2 seasons of Blood Bowl under my belt. It has become clear to me how important it is to have skills somehow marked on on the players.

My Blood Bowl figures are clearly numbered and their positions identified with a color ring around the base. I recently started using small colored rubber bands to mark specific skills on players. Even so, both myself and my opponents have occasionally been confusion and made mistakes.

In a few days, I will be participating in an all human league where we draft experienced (with randomized star player points and advancements. With that, keeping track of which player has which skill will be imperative.

For these issues mentioned above, I began looking for solutions. There are a number of skill ring options on the market, as well as some new offerings. However, for me those options were either too expensive, too cumbersome, or unattractive.


So I came up with this idea. Here is the first test. I glued a magnet to a Warmahorde base slightly larger than the player's base. Then I marked off segments according to how many skills the player had.


I really liked how it looked and completed the entire team. Because the magnets on the player's base are not uniformly placed, these skill rings are not universal.


The players removed from the Skills Rings. With numbers to identify which player it goes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment