Sunday, August 20, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 2 Round 6 AAR

Unfortunately, due to a number of drop in the Super league, the league has ended at 6 games and the play-offs with the top 4 teams begins next week. So Deathbot's New Orclean Saints and my Paravon City Chiefs seasons have ended.

Zorcon's Spike! Tournament Practice Game
Orcs vs Dwarves

The Dwarves about to score (The ball carrier and screen are
off camera bottom left corner.

One of the Premiership coaches is going up to Canada to compete in the Spike! tournament. I would love to go to this as well, but it is not in the cards this year. The Dwarf coach was looking for a practice game, so I thought the next best thing to going to Spike! would be to play a practice game.


I used the team I painted up for Deathbot and built a 1.2 million TV team. The bonus skill have a unique point buy system based on the tier of the team.

It was pouring rain the entire game--As was orc armor! To be fair, I did cause my fair share of damage, however towards the end of the first half, there were 8 Dwarves vs 6 Orc players. But when it comes down to it, I was simply out played.

My offence couldn't get through his defense and I was unable to stop his runners. Dwarves win 2-0. We both cased 4 Casualties each.

Zorcon's Super League Friendly Game
Paravon City Chiefs vs The Dirty Rat Bastards (Skaven)

Setting up for the second half

My scheduled opponent dropped earlier in the day, so I was scheduled to play the Skaven instead. Unfortunately another player dropped later in the day, causing the commissioners to end the league early.

This would have been my opponents game 7, so we decided to make this a friendly game in order for the Skaven team not to be a game ahead of the other top 3 teams. Of note, if we had played a league game as originally planned, winning this match would have put me in 4th place. But since I won the Super league last season, I wasn't supposed to be a contender this season--Another reason to make this a friendly game.

Because this was a friendly game, we used Special Play cards. We both drew 2 cards, but only played one to little effect.

Boy, I have a weakness! MA 8+ players are my kryptonite. The rats ran around my defense and through my offence at will. To quote my opponent:

"This was a close game filled with excess Skaven bullshittery.  Handoffs in tacklezones, multiple dodges, the Skaven gutter runners did things they really shouldn't have. Unfortunately, the Skaven lineman with the magic gauntlets was unable to hypnotize any vampires, although several attempts were made."

In the end, I prevented an embarrassing loss. The Dirty Rat Bastards win 3-2. No casualties caused the entire game.

Zorcon's Premiership League Game 6
Zharr'Thrak Seahawks vs Calamitous Intent (Nurgle)

Right after a Riot during the first Kick-Off of the second half
(the ball is in the shadow in the Endzone)

Going into this game I was a more than a little concerned. Four ST4, a ST5, and 470k in inducements. But to my surprise, my opponent did not buy Morg'n'Thorg. Instead he bought 2 Pestigor Mercenaries with Block, an Igor, and a Re-Roll.

I received the Kick-Off to open the game. I spent 6 turns trying to get through the Calamitous Intent defense. On turn 7 I finally broke free, but misjudged the distance and did not push forward with 2 GFI to put me in range to score on turn 8. First half ends 0-0.

I kick deep opening the second half, and the ball bounces into the Endzone. We get a Riot on the Kick-Off table and things go horribly wrong for Nurgle--& of 11 players are stunned! Then the ball bounced one square left, still in the Endzone. Then things get worse for the rotting team. The first action taken was to go pick up the ball, which failed after a re-roll. The ball bounced off the pitch and the crown threw it to the right side of the pitch and all the way off again. The ball was thrown in again onto my side of the pitch nestled between my Minotaur and a Bull Centaur (see pic above).

Things get even worse for the Nurgle team. On my turn 1, I pick up the ball and start a slow march up field. There was a momentary reprise for Calamitous Intent after sacking the ball carrier, causing a -1AG Serious Injury. However, I recovered the ball on my next urn and dismantled my opponent over the rest of the half.

Game ends in my favor, 1-0. The startling stat is the casualties, 7-1 my favor! Of those 7, 4 were Kills! Although all 4 were Regenerated. In the aftermath, 2 Chaos Dwarves leveled--A Guard picked up Mighty Blow, and a Claw/Mighty Blow picked up Dauntless. All this goodness came at a cost. My Sure Hands/Kick suffered a -1AG. Even though I find Kick to be a must have skill, I cant keep an 80k Hobgoblin that can't pick-up or pass the ball.

Final Thoughts

Its unfortunate that the Super League ended 2 games early. Deathbot was having a blast. Next season will likely start in about 4 months. We will use that time to improve Deathbot's skill in Blood Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment