Saturday, August 26, 2017

20mm Gladiators

I had the itch to try out some gladiator combat. After some research, I acquired 2 Hour Wargames Swordplay combat system. Then instead of just throwing some models on the table and giving the game system a go, I split a box of PEG-7100 1/72 (20mm) scale Gladiators with a friend. We got the box of 30+ figures for around $10 including S&H.


I based the figures on 20mm MDF bases.


Then I grouped them into 4 teams of 7 Gladiators plus 2 leaders. Each team received a woman, a small person, and a trident or spear. I incorporated as many head and arm swaps as I could in order to create more divers poses.


The plastic was very soft and the tridents and spears were terribly squiggly.


A trident modification using florist's wire and the original trident head.


A spear modification using florist's wire and crimping the tip into a spear head.


The purple team. I painted each of the 4 teams a different color: Blue, Purple, Red, and Orange. The 2 leaders were each painted in 2 colors (Blue/Purple and Red/Orange). This allowed us to play a 4-way game and a larger 1-on-1 game.


All of the Gladiators just after getting a cote of matte spray varnish.



The two teams of gladiators finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment