Thursday, August 17, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 2 Round 5 AAR

Another round of Blood Bowl games in the books. This time no Friendlies were played.

Zorcon's Super League Game 5
Paravon City Chiefs vs Royal Oak Boomsticks (Orcs)


Still recovering from the beating I took last time, I brought 2 Journeymen into this game. The game was a well balanced match, and neither of us has excessively good or bad rolls. Both teams completed a pass, as well as scored in the first half.

Game ended in a 1-1 tie, both in points and casualties. Another Thrall dies--A Journeyman. Two of my Vampires leveled and I gave them Frenzy.

Deathbot's Super League Game 5
New Orcleans Saints vs Mad Dogs of Middenheim (Human)


I made an unfortunate mistake helping Deathbot set-up. When pulling the figures out of the case, I pulled out one too many Black orc Blitzers (BoBs). So Deathbot played 3/4 of the game with 4 BoBs  instead of 3.

When the mistake was discovered, the commissioner and the 2 coaches came to an agreeable decision. The extra BoB was removed from the game, a casualty cased by said BoB was undone, and the game continued with Deathbot having 1 less player on the pitch. There is no way to tell what impact that had on the game.

The game ended in a 2-2 tie and was logged as official. No casualties on either side. Deathbot continued his success steak of throwing-Goblin TDs--Infact his Goblin is his most experienced player!

Zorcon's Premiership League Game 5
Zharr'Thrak Seahawks vs Dungeon Degenerates (Chaos Renegade)

Game image not available. Example of pitch we played on.

Before the game, I dropped a whopping 260,000 TV--I fired two Hobgoblins (1 with Dodge), an Assistant Coach, and 2 Re-Rolls. The Seahawks had the highest TV of the league, 400,000+ vs most other teams. Even after dropping that much TV, I still gave up 400k to the Degenerates. The Renegade coach purchased a Re-Roll and a Halfling Master Chef.

The dice were in my favor this game. Many players were knocked down and many armor rolls were passed. After putting the Troll in the KO box for a good portion of the game and Badly Hurting the Minotaur, and the Ogre failing many Boneheads, there wasn't much the Chaos Renegade coach could do to stop me.



With Nuffle's help, I pulled out a much needed win. Final score was 2-1. Casualties were also in my favor at 4-1. The Seahawks are currently in second place in their conference, 6th overall. However I am a game ahead of much of the league.

After this game I am sitting on 200k in my treasury. I never thought I would banking so much cash, but with most of the coaches bringing new teams this season, I am fighting TV bloat like I never had before.

Final Thoughts

This season, in 7 games, "Ironfist" the Trollcrusher, a Chaos Dwarf with Claw and Mighty Blow, has out performed last season's Casualty MVP, the Minotaur Djun'Jar Jaggedhorns--4 Casualties to 1. Last season, in 10 games, Djun'Jar beat Trollcrusher 7 to 4.

One final interesting stat. To date, I have played 44 games of Blood Bowl since joining the ORDO league on Feb 9 earlier this year. That's an average of 1.7 games a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment