Saturday, August 23, 2014

Warmachine Cryx Starter Set WIP

300th post!!! I am entering into a "new" game!

About 4 years ago, Laertes bought me a Warmachine Cryx starter set. We had plans to give the game a whirl, but like many of our gaming plans, that never came to fruition.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Adeptus-B bought himself some Warmachine figures and successfully goaded me into launching into assembling (and painting?) my Cryx force.

2 Warjacks, a Warcaster, and a Solo

Here is how far I got. There are only two more models to complete. Both are Bone-jacks (one identical to the figure on the right, the other a variant of the same).

The mini third from the left is one I picked up on my own about the same time as I received the starter set. I was unable to fit it on one of the resin bases, so I used a plain base with the intent of sculpting texture to match the rest.

Speaking of bases, I am using the "swamp" bases from Kerr & King that I discussed in this post.

As I write this, I have three-and-a-half days before I see Adeptus-B next. I commited to him to finish the last two models and get one test painted by then... wish me luck!

Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment