Sunday, August 17, 2014

Talisman 2ed Figure Collection (part 6)

Here are the last of my official Talisman minis.

Welcome to my Retro series, where I share creations from yesteryear. Click on the Retro label to peruse all the past articles.


The Archaeologist, Chainsaw Warrior, Scientist and Cyborg.
All four of these minis were painted about 10-15 years ago. There was no conversion work.

There was some extra attention to detail on the Chainsaw Warrior and Cyborg--It was one of my first attempts at a cammo pattern. The Scientist was one of the first figures I was able to get a solid white surface.


The Astronaut, Astropath, Space Marine, and Space Pirate.
The first three figures were painted about 10-15 years ago, where the Space Pirate was painted about 5-6. I inadvertently painted a black ring around the Space Pirates base as I was painting some other non-Talisman figures at the same time.

The Astropath was used as my "early career" Psyker character in our Dark Heresy campaign.

I have seriously considered replacing this mini with a newer style Space Marine (either metal or plastic variety). As Space Marines are supposed to be substantially larger than a normal human, the newer figure's larger scale would fit nicely, however, this figure perfectly captures the illustration on the character card.


4 Toads
Here is where you will see the only gap in my collection. I am missing one of the Toads--The "Pirate" Toad to be exact. These figures are sporting a second paint job, and they show their age (in painting style) the most out of the entire lot! These will be first on my list if/when I go back in for another round of updates.

In the next post, I will show the figures I am using for the official characters that never had corresponding figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment