Friday, September 22, 2017

Peak Pass Stealers Showcase

This team was originally purchased and painted in the late 80s. Back then, all of my teams were named and painted like the famous teams in the fluff. This team was no exception--The Dwarf Warhammers. However, I now prefer to name my teams after NFL teams in homage to second edition Blood Bowl. In fact, I have a post showcasing the Dwarf Warhammers way back in 2009 here

In this go around, in addition to renaming the team and creating a team logo, I touched up the paint, added back number plates, added glossy elements, re-did the bases, and painted a colored ring around the base lip. There are no Star Players represented here. All of my Star Players are painted differently than team colors.

New Team Logo
Since I was not planning on re-painting the team in its entirety, I was limited on which NFL team to base the dwarves on. The obvious (and only) choice was the Pittsburgh Stealers. I searched the Warhammer Old World map and chose the home stadium to be in Peak Pass. The Peak Pass is the next most northerly passage across the Worlds Edge Mountains. It is overlooked at its eastern starting point by the greenskin fortress of Gnashrak's Lair, and at its western end by the Dwarf Stronghold of Karak Kadrin.

Coaching Staff
The Coaching staff from L to R: Head Coach, Assistant Coach x2, Apothecary, Cheerleader x3.


Head Coach

Linemen

Positionals

Big Guy

Full Team (front view)

Full Team (back view)
While I didn't completely repaint the team, the 'minor' changes really stand out and help to make game play more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment