Saturday, September 16, 2017

Ordo Bowl '17 Season 2 Round 8 AAR

Getting to the final stretch of the season. There are two games left in the season, and I only need to win 1 to cinch a seat in the play-offs. I played my round 8 and round 7 game out of order. So this is my 7th league game, but my scheduled round 8 game.

I am also quite late in writing this post--We played this game 2 weeks ago. So my recollection is pretty sketchy at this point.

Zorcon's Premiership League Game 7
Zharr'Thrak Seahawks vs Tails of Yore (Lizardman)

Game pic unavailable
I gave up 220k of inducement in this game and my opponent kicked in 30k from his treasury in order to purchase the Suarus Star Player, Sibli. This gives my opponent a very tough front line--A ST 5 and *seven* ST 4 players!

I won the kick off and we had nice weather. On turn 1 I KO'd my opponent's Kroxagor. I was feeling pretty good. But my luck changes and I got stuck in a brutal mash pit just past the line of scrimmage. One of my Bull Centaurs got Badly Hurt and I lost control of the ball. A Skink took off down the sideline almost getting a TD. But I had one player in range for a Dodge and 2 GFI Blitz and got the little bastard. The ball scattered off the pitch and it landed in a favorable spot. I knew I couldn't survive a running cage this late in the game and so far back on my side of the pitch. So I attempted to knock down as many players as I could before grabbing the ball for a Hand-off. I had a very lucky turn and pulled off my plan. I recovered the ball, was a good amount passed the line of scrimmage, the most of the Tails of Yore were either down or covered. Before I scored on my Turn 8, I managed to put 4 more lizards in the KO box. The bad news is this my opponent still had his Turn 8 and this gave the lizards 2 opportunities to recover KO'd players.

By the time I set up to Kick-Off in the second half, all the Lizardmen were back on the pitch and I was down 2 players. The second half did not go well. By turn 4, 2 or my Chaos Dwarves were injured, and 2 hobgoblins were KO'd. The Tails of Yore had complete control over the game. But the bade a crucial mistake. My opponent decided to stall instead of quickly score. The game dragged on for about another hour, and the Lizards finally scored on his Turn 16, giving me 1 round to try and bash heads.


Final score 1-1. I got more than I gave and lost the Casualty game as well 3-2. A Chaos Dwarf with a Niggling Injury got a -1 AG (the Niggle didn't matter in this case as my opponent rolled a 12). But I got an end of game surprise when a different Chaos Dwarf leveled and got a +1 ST!

Final Thoughts
That second half was brutal and I couldn't do anything about it. I'm glad the game didn't end in a loss, but as far as the league standings, it doesn't matter if it was a loss or a tie. I'm down to 10 players going to my final game vs Orcs.

No comments:

Post a Comment