Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Job, New Gear...

... New Journey!

Finally got my new workstation 100% up and running (had issues with procuring the correct adapter cable for the Wacom tablet).


I began working for a good friend of 20 years last week. It will be about 90% at-home, so my 12-year old computer needed to be retired! My employer had a custom rig built to my specs--The highlights are:
  • Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz Processor
  • 32GB DDR3 SDRAM
  • ASUS GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB Video Card
  • Samsung 512GB SSD
  • Liquid CPU Fan
The Wacom Cintiq was also provided by my employer, and the TV was an Xmas '13 gift from my best friend, now connected to the new computer. The monitors, keyboard and mouse are from the old computer (about 5 years old).

We are starting out slowly in the new job for a number of reasons. Firstly so that I can transfer the day-to-day care of my mother-in-law to Mrs Zorcon. Secondly because my wife is having major surgery in 2 days. Thirdly, the holidays. And lastly, to allow me the time to get back into the swing of things. 

While caring for my mother-in-law 24-7 for the last three years has been the most difficult 'job' I have ever had, it is not the same as being productive at a desk for 8 hours! 

I am really looking forward to this new adventure and the opportunities it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment