Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dark Heresy Character Showcase - Tech Priest


Well, I'm not sure this figure constitutes as a conversion, but there is some custom work. This is the v2 of Kaarl, the Techpriest for our Dark Heresy cell of Acolytes.

I was going to say the pictures make the gold look too orange, but after comparing the model and the pics, it is in fact really orange! I have also now noticed that the edge lining, especially on the lasgun, are too thick... oh well!


The primary "conversion" on this model is the hands. Well, hand actually--Because one hand came unattached! (the other one was sawed of with a hobby saw) Both of the added hands are taken from different [older] Space Marine sets. One hand has an auspex and the other has a Forge World lasgun (that I see is no longer available!)


The Ballistic Mechadendrite is from a Necromunda Spryer Patriarch's servo-arm. I drilled a hole the size of the tubing and glued it with out pinning.


Kaarl recently liberated a Needle Gun from a worthless heretic. Since I was in the process of finishing the model, I decided to add the weapon. The shoulder mounted weapon was attached by a small rod--It's not terrible creative, but functional. I made the gun with cut-down and upside-down old-skool Dark Eldar splinter rifle with a Chaos spike bit on the end.


I hand painted the Techpriest markings on the robes and hood. I am really pleased with how they turned out!


I was a little anxious to publish this post and took the pictured before the base was complete. The base is a very simple creation. I found 20mm round brass screens (for pluming/faucets I think) on Amazon. Thgen glued one to the top of a standard 25mm round base and painted it brass.

The figure is really dynamic on the table with all the guns pointing in towards an unseen target. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment