Sunday, April 21, 2013

Arvus Lighter WIP part 3


Slowly making progress on my scratch built Arvus Lighter. Here is a pic in it's current state. I am about 3/4th done with the line highlighting. I am considering adding a wash of dark blue-grey before I attempt my first go at weathering powders.


I want to add some chipping to the paint before the weathering process by paining the chipped areas black and then dab those area with silver.


Here are the two main components of the Arvus--A Lego Technic container and A Batman Happy Meal toy. I have two more of each with the original intent to make two more Arvus Lighters. But the time and (pricey) bits used to make this one, I will probably find other uses for them.

As always questions and comments are welcome! If you want to see the previous posts about this project check out:
Arvus Lighter WIP
Arvus Lighter WIP part 2

2 comments:

  1. The paint really binds the parts - it looks like one uniform structure now. Really very good-looking. And who'd ever guess those were the sources? Inspiration and bits are pretty much everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoy making things with found objects.

      Delete