Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dark Heresy Character Sheets

We only played 2 sessions of our new Dark Heresy campaign before my health issues put it on hold. But during the break I have managed to finish up a custom character sheet. I made it compatible with both Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader.

The border art, logo and background watermark are IP of Games Workshop and/or Fantasy Flight Games.



Designing character sheets is something I have always done for the campaigns I have played in. Back in grade school (and 1st edition D&D), I bought paste-up boards from a local art supply store and hacked up photocopies of "official" sheets, then used a tech-pen and straight edge to create my own character sheets.

[Edit] Here is a link to a PDF file of the character sheets. It is set up with crop marks to print on an 11" x 17 " sheet of paper so there is no white boarder (required trimming). However, there should be no issues printing this file to a standard 8.5" x 11" paper size.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a great version of the character sheet! I would love to use this, but is this the only version you have? I wouldn't be able to use it very well, due to the pictures above being pretty small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Im glad you like it FoxPhoenix135. I edited the post to include a link to a PDF file suitable for printing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I like how you took the most relevant data and gave it more room, trimming out some of the useless stuff, without actually taking anything away from the sheets. I also like how you laid out the skills, that makes it much simpler. Thanks for providing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't suppose that you have a version that is on 8.5 x 11 paper without the need to trip it down?

    It is always nice to just be able to print and go rather then to have to dig out the scissors.

    I do like the looks of the sheet. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think you have done a fine job and will test them out this weekend in some F2F cut-n-thrust. I'm using Foxit for my PDF reader plugin and this allows some leeway for fit on page when you print. However, using good ol' 100% cut off the unnecessary margins all round. Adobe is way bloated anyways. The printer is a solid HP LJ-5L and I miss the colors, but most of your handiwork comes up fine in BW-greyscale. Tally-Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jopower. I'd like to hear how your test game went. BTW, there is a revised version in this post: http://tinyurl.com/4eg2csg

    ReplyDelete