Thursday, June 23, 2011

WIP: Imperial Dwelling

(click on image to enlarge)

Here are some closeups of one of the buildings from my Imperial City Project. It is intended to be a dwelling for a VIP/government official, or it could be a middle class apartment complex. The back side is fashioned to be the "back ally" entrance, or it could stand in as a minor Adeptus Mechanicus building.

(click on image to enlarge)

As you can see, the roof and the second floor are removable to allow for interior movement. I'm not sure yet if and to what extent I will detail the interior.

(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)

The large pink blocks flanking the stairway is my attempt at bridging esthetics and functionality. The balsa wood stairway is visually appealing, while the pink foam board blocks allow for 6 figures to be placed on the stairs.

I hope you like it.

[Edit] Oops... I forgot to say that the building is also removable from its base...

(click on image to enlarge)

7 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looks good and it's functional.

    I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sigismund! I am very pleased with how it turned out. Although, I still have a fair amount of exterior detail (specifically the white panels) to complete before I paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I like the idea of using the GW terrain bits to upgrade self build structures. The GW buldings are way to overloaded IMHO. And olso finally some non ruined dwelling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you That-brush-guy! I hope you like the other buildings I am working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good! I also really like the idea of incorporating the GW terrain pieces into scratch built things. I may have to try that out, but I don't think I could come up with anything near that good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate the kudos Craig, thank you! FYI, I wound up using pieces from all three GW building sets on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made an update (edit) to the post above.

    ReplyDelete