Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tau Remote Sensor Tower Scratch Build Showcase

Here is my attempt at scratch building a unit of Tau Sensor Towers. The actual models are from Forge World, and the rules appear in Imperial Armour Volume Three: The Taros Campaign.

My first stumbling block was getting over the destruction of a few lego pieces to make these towers... something that i found to be challenging. Once I conquered that, I was able to proceed. The base of the tower is an upside down medicine bottle with a Lego core. The top half is comprised on some bases, a few tech bits from a Power Plant Set model kit by Pegasus Hobbies and some plastic tubing.


Here are 3 complete models with a few minis for size comparison.

2 comments:

  1. Very well done! I would say that it is a match for the forge world models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are sweet. That terrain they're sitting on looks pretty good too. Lets see some more of that. :)

    ReplyDelete