Friday, February 6, 2015

2015 Homebrew Season

A preview of beers I will be making this year. 

Its been over 2 years since I last brewed beer and I can't wait to get hopping again! These first two beers were brewed last month and are currently fermenting away. The last two are likely this month's contenders. If all goes according to plan, I will be brewing 2 batches at the end of each month.

The following labels are all works in progress.


KBA Ale is an Imperial Scotch ale named after my band, Kilty by Association. This is the second time I have made it, as it was a definite favorite the first time around. So far, it look to match the last batch's 9.3%!


A first go around for this one, Thai Tea Whitey is a Thai tea infused white ale. Its one of my many "mad scientist" concoctions. Thai tea, coconut water, orange peel and vanilla beans highlight this ale. I expect this is going to be a low ABV%.


Batch 2 planned for February, PBJ was a crazy idea from 2013, and it turned out a big hit that year! PBJ is just what it says--A wheat ale (the bread) infused with peanut butter and blackberry jam. Described by a friend as "drinking a PBJ sandwich".


A smoked porter is not an original idea, but I hope my twist on it is. Serengeti is going to be a South African inspired smoked porter--Although my "secret" ingredient probably isn't very secret! This is also on the docket for February.

No comments:

Post a Comment